The PSAT 8/9 is offered between September and April each year.
Get Ready for Test Day
Preparing for test day is simple:
- Ask your school counselor when your class will take the PSAT 8/9.
- Get a list of what to bring on test day—and what to leave at home.
- If you need testing accommodations for students with disabilities, talk to your counselor.
- If you're homeschooled or testing outside the U.S., find out what to do.
That's it—if you’re a student. If you’re an educator, learn about ordering tests, giving the test, and more. Go to K–12 Educators.
Who, Where, When
- Who: 8th and 9th graders
- Where: At school
- When: Schools choose a date to offer the PSAT 8/9. Testing is available during:
- September 21, 2020–March 26, 2021*
- April 13–30, 2021
- *Orders can't be placed between January 30–February 21, 2021.
Taking the Digital PSAT 8/9?
During the 2020-21 school year, the test costs $13 for each student—but you might not pay that much. Some schools cover all or part of the cost for their students. For details, ask your counselor.