Testing Supports for English Language Learners
To make the PSAT 10 even more accessible to students, the College Board has worked with educators to provide testing supports for English language learners (ELL).
ELL students taking the PSAT 10 have access to testing instructions in the following languages: Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Urdu and Vietnamese. We've also provided a list of approved word-for-word glossaries that students may use on test day.
Coordinators planning for test day should print the translations and provide a copy for each ELL student. Schools may also provide copies of the approved glossaries.
Invoice Schedule and Fee Waiver News
We're changing the invoice process and schedule so that in the future, fee waiver–eligible PSAT/NMSQT takers can access their SAT fee waiver benefits directly.
Here's the 2017-18 invoice schedule:
- October (immediately after testing): As in past years, schools that don’t use fee waivers and don’t need to make grade-level adjustments begin the invoice process.
- December 4: Schools that use fee waivers or need to make grade-level adjustments begin the invoice process. Schools will now be able select fee waiver–eligible students from an online roster of tested students.
- January 16: Deadline for identifying fee waiver–eligible students and making grade-level adjustments.
- Late January: Final invoices are sent to schools.
Starting with the 2017-18 school year:
- You'll receive one free paper score report per student and can print score reports and labels through the score reporting portal.
- You can order an additional set of paper reports for $100 per administration. Printed score labels are also $100.
- Sign in to view your students’ scores on the integrated reporting portal.
- Get all the resources from Score Week for Counselors.
- Download Understanding PSAT/NMSQT Scores (.pdf/4.4 MB) or Understanding PSAT 10 Scores (.pdf/734 KB) for percentile tables, means, and scoring details.
Learn how to use College and Career Readiness Benchmarks to support student success.
Your school will receive test scores electronically. Download sample data files and file layout crosswalks, and get everything you need to implement fields, codes, and layouts.
Look Up Your School Code
To offer the PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10, your school needs an active six-digit College Board school code. Schools that offer the SAT or AP have one. If you need a code, call 609-771-7091.