Ordering Is Open
Schools and districts order tests on our ordering site.
Updated Test Policies
Based on feedback from educators and students, we’ve made the following improvements to PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 policies for 2019-20.
Spacing Between Desks Is Now Reduced
On test day, the minimum distance between students' desks will be three feet instead of four.
MP3 Audio Is Now a Streaming App
For students using accommodations, MP3 audio will be delivered in a streaming app. Check your coordinator manual's "Important Changes" section for more details.
Test Book Return and Additional Resources
- Schools testing on October 19, the PSAT/NMSQT Saturday date, must return all used and unused test books to the College Board.
- Schools giving the PSAT 10 must return all used and unused test books to the College Board.
- For schools returning test books, your staff and students can't review question-level details from your assessments, including test questions and answer explanations, after test day. But educators can access hundreds of PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 test questions that will serve as a robust resource to plan and deliver classroom instruction.
- PSAT 10 test takers can use Official SAT Practice to prepare for the SAT. They'll get thousands of interactive questions with instant feedback, video lessons that explain problems step by step, eight full-length practice tests, and more.
New Labels For Your Return Boxes
We're now including pink irregularity (IR) indicator labels in the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 coordinator kits we send to your school. If you’re returning any irregularity reports along with your other test materials, please put one IR label on each box in the shipment. This helps us process your shipment quickly and avoid scoring delays.
Tips for Getting Scores Faster
Here are a few easy steps you can take on or before test day:
- When collecting answer sheets, check that certain fields have been completed correctly. These fields include, but are not limited to, name (field 1), school code (field 4), and form code (field A, located on the back of answer sheet). Errors in these fields can cause delays or failures in the receiving timely and accurate scores. Go to the "Collecting Answer Sheets" section of your coordinator manual for details.
- Use the irregularity (IR) indicator labels described above if you’re reporting test day irregularities. If you think you’ll need more labels than included in your coordinator kit, contact Customer Service to request more before test day. Call 888-477-7728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return answer sheets and unused materials no later than the next school day after test day to prevent delays to scores.
Helping PSAT/NMSQT Students Get SAT Fee Waiver Benefits
When schools identify fee waiver–eligible students in PSAT/NMSQT rosters, those students can automatically access benefits for the SAT through their College Board accounts.
Follow these steps to identify fee waiver–eligible students:
- Sign in to the test ordering site.
- Complete the “School Info” section.
- Review the top table, which displays the total number of fee reduction benefits your school can use.
- Review fee waiver eligibility criteria to better understand which students can get fee waivers.
- By the deadline, check off the individual students who qualify for fee waiver benefits. (Tip: Filter and sort the data to efficiently find the correct students.)
- Review your work and submit.
Remind students to take these steps so they get their fee waiver benefits:
- Create a College Board account.
- Start registering for the SAT. (Don’t worry, students don't need to complete the entire registration to receive fee waiver benefits. They should simply fill out the first two sections, up until "Demographics," and click Cancel or Save and Return.)
- Complete Step 1 (called "Update Personal Info") of SAT registration.
- Complete the first page of Step 2 (the "Demographics" section within the "Create Student Profile" step) and then click Cancel. (Students may choose to complete the entire profile, but it's not required to receive benefits.)
- Accept the terms of the fee waiver eligibility popup prompt when returning to the My SAT homepage.
Note: A student's fee waiver benefits will not become active until they accept the benefits. See the full list of fee waiver benefits.
Schools and districts must officially order PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 test materials to get score reports after testing. Ordering reflects that your school has been approved for testing, that we have your correct mailing and contact information, and that your school has the correct materials to fairly administer tests.
Borrowing and lending is allowed for some test administrations, but schools using only borrowed materials won't get score reports.
Testing Supports for English Learners
To make the PSAT 10 and PSAT 8/9 even more accessible to students, the College Board has worked with educators to provide testing supports for English learners (EL).
Look Up Your School Code
To offer the PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10, your school needs an active six-digit College Board school code. Schools that offer the SAT or AP have one. If you need a code, call 609-771-7091 or you can access our new web-based school code request form.