The test might be over, but test coordinators still have a few to-dos.
It's critical to return answer sheets to the College Board no later than the next school day after test day. Failing to do so could:
- Delay scoring
- Prevent PSAT/NMSQT takers from entering the National Merit™ Scholarship Program
New Test Policies
Starting in 2018-19, schools must also return test books for the following administrations:
- PSAT/NMSQT Saturday test day
- PSAT 10 dates in February or March
New Roles for Educators
Paying for the Test
Schools order tests and send payments to the College Board; students do not.
Schools pay these fees:
- PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 test books: $16
- Unused test books: $4 for each unused test book exceeding 20 percent of the total ordered
- International shipping surcharge: $6 per test
- Extra set of score reports (optional): $100
- Score labels (optional): $100
Note: All schools receive one paper score report per student and can print additional score reports as well as score labels at no cost.
How much schools pay depends on factors including these quantities:
- Tests ordered
- Tests used
- Fee waivers applied
2019 PSAT 10 Invoice Information
Starting in 2018-19, schools will no longer review invoice information immediately after test day. Here are details about the invoice schedules:
Schools returning answer sheets on or before March 29
- April 8: Schools can sign in to the test ordering site to complete invoice information, including reviewing answer sheet counts, making any grade-level adjustments, and entering billing information.
- May 3: Deadline to complete invoice information.
- Mid-May: Invoices are mailed by this time.
Schools returning answer sheets after March 29
- About 6–8 weeks after we get your answer sheets: Schools can sign in to the test ordering site to complete invoice information, including reviewing answer sheet counts, making any grade-level adjustments, and entering billing information.
- June 7: Deadline to complete invoice information.
- Mid-June: Invoices are mailed by this time.
Also starting in 2018-19, when schools identify fee waiver–eligible students in PSAT/NMSQT rosters, those students can directly access fee waiver benefits through their College Board accounts.
When students are ready to register for the SAT, they’ll get these benefits and more:
- 2 free SATs, with or without the essay
- 6 free SAT Subject Tests
- Unlimited score reports to send to colleges