The test might be over, but test coordinators still have a few to-dos.
When preparing to return your materials, please note that the January Coordinator Report form is different from the one schools used in October. Please see the Receiving and Returning Test Materials instructions included in your test shipment for details on how to complete the form. You can also access the instructions online (.pdf/1.32 MB).
It's critical to return all answer sheets to the College Board no later than the next school day after test day. Failing to do so could:
- Delay scoring
- Prevent PSAT/NMSQT takers from entering the National Merit® Scholarship Program
Schools must return test books for the following administrations:
- PSAT/NMSQT Saturday, October 17, 2020 test day
- PSAT/NMSQT Tuesday, January 26, 2021
- All PSAT 10 dates
Delays in returning test books will lead to your scores being put on hold, pending further investigation. Please consult your coordinator manual for detailed instructions on return shipments.
Paying for the Test
Schools order tests and send payments to the College Board; students don't.
Schools pay the following fees:
- PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 test books: $17
- No charge for unused tests: Schools won't be charged test fees if they're unable to administer SAT School Day, PSAT 8/9, and PSAT/NMSQT from September 2020 to January 2021. We understand the decision to test may not be made until closer to the administration dates. Please adjust your test book volumes the best you can by the ordering deadlines (Tuesday, August 25 for September SAT School Day; Wednesday, September 16 for October tests; December 4 for January PSAT/NMSQT).
- International shipping surcharge: $8 per test
Note: All schools receive one paper score report per student and can print additional score reports as well as score labels at no cost in the score reporting portal.
How much schools pay depends on factors, including quantities of the following:
- Tests ordered
- Tests used
- Fee waivers applied
PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 Invoice Information
|2020-2021 PSAT/NMSQT Milestones||October 2020 administrations||January 2021 administration|
|Invoice process begins: Sign in to the test ordering site to review answer sheet counts, make grade-level adjustments, enter billing information, and more||November 30, 2020||March 1, 2021|
|Deadline to complete invoice information||December 16, 2020||March 12, 2021|
|Invoices are mailed to schools||Mid-December, 2020||Mid-March 2021|
|PSAT 10 Milestones||Schools that test Feb. 22-March 26, 2021||Schools that test April 13-April 30, 2021|
|Invoice process begins: Sign in to the test ordering site to review answer sheet counts, make grade-level adjustments, enter billing information, and more||April 5, 2021||May 10, 2021|
|Deadline to complete invoice information||April 16, 2021||May 21, 2021|
|Invoices are mailed to schools||Late April–Early May, 2021||Late May, 2021|