Schools and districts order all PSAT-related assessments on our test ordering website. The easy-to-use website provides a streamlined ordering process and up-to-date statuses for all orders on a single dashboard.
Test Policy Reminders
The policies below have been in effect since 2019-20:
- Students may not take the PSAT/NMSQT more than once.
- Test booklets sent for one test date can’t be used for a different test date.
- The minimum distance between seats for all PSAT-related assessments is 3 feet (instead of 4), but we encourage you to adhere to local health guidelines.
- Schools administering the PSAT/NMSQT on Saturday October 17, 2020 and Tuesday January 26, 2021 must return test books. Schools giving the PSAT 10 must return all used and unused test books.
- Delays in returning test books will lead to your scores being put on hold.
- For schools returning test books, question-level details won't be available in score reports and test questions won't be available for review after the test. Instead, educators can access hundreds of similar PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 test questions using the SAT Suite Question Bank, a robust resource to support classroom instruction.
- PSAT 10 test takers can use Official SAT Practice to prepare for the SAT. They'll get thousands of interactive questions with instant feedback, video lessons that explain problems step by step, eight full-length practice tests, and more.
- For students using accommodations, MP3 audio will be delivered in a streaming app.
Schools and districts must officially order PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10 test materials to get score reports after testing. Ordering reflects that your school has been approved for testing, that we have your correct mailing and contact information, and that your school has the correct materials to fairly administer tests.
Borrowing and lending is allowed for some test administrations, but schools using only borrowed materials won't get score reports.
Your access code to the test ordering site was emailed to your test coordinator in early June 2020. Contact us if you need help with your access code.
When you sign in, you'll be able to:
- Order standard test books
- Order accommodated test formats (for students with disabilities)
- Request additional coordinator manuals and student guides
Reminder: To support your students during this challenging time, you are no longer required to order fee waivers and fee reductions prior to test day. After test day, log into the test ordering site and select fee waiver–eligible students from an online roster.
The PSAT/NMSQT is offered to 10th and 11th graders in the fall. Test dates for 2020-2021 are:
- Primary test day: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- Saturday test day: October 17, 2020*
- Alternate test day: Thursday, October 29, 2020 (formerly October 28)**
- NEW test day: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
*If you test students on Saturday, October 17, 2020 or Tuesday, January 26, 2021 test books must be returned immediately after test day and the score reports won't include question-level detail.
**To ensure that tests are administered fairly for all students, tests must be administered on the official administration dates using the materials designated for those dates. The PSAT/NMSQT Alternate must be administered on the revised date of October 29, 2020 and not on October 28, 2020. Scores may be ineligible for scholarship consideration or canceled if schools test on the wrong day.
Schools typically choose the alternate test date to accommodate religious holidays and school breaks.
If your school's participation was arranged by your state or district, check with them to see if any test date restrictions apply.
To see deadlines for SSD requests and more, go to PSAT/NMSQT Dates.
Parents and Students
Students sign up for the PSAT/NMSQT and the PSAT 10 at school.
Schools and districts choose a date to offer the PSAT 10. Testing is available during:
- February 22–March 26, 2021
- April 13-30, 2021
To see deadlines for SSD requests and more, go to PSAT 10 Dates.
Fees are paid by schools. The cost to a student may be different if the student is in 11th grade and qualifies for a fee waiver or if the school covers all or part of the cost. Students should check with their school to find out their test fees.
In 2020-21, the fee for PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 test books is $17 each.
Unused test fees will be waived for the October 2020 and January 2021 PSAT/NMSQT administrations.
Extra Score Reports and Labels
You'll receive one free paper score report per student and can print score reports and labels through the roster report in the K–12 score reporting portal.
Test Formats for Students with Disabilities
After consulting with the SSD coordinator, test coordinators order accommodated test formats for students who need them.
Students must have College Board approval to use accommodated test materials when they take the PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, SAT, and AP Exams. PSAT 8/9 accommodations are provided by the school unless the test is being administered as part of a state-sponsored administration.
The following formats can be ordered online:
- Large print
- MP3 files
- Reader's script
Districts can sign in to the test ordering website to choose test dates and order standard test materials for their schools. The site supports communications between districts and their schools, automatically notifying schools when districts place orders. This provides an easy way for schools to request order changes from their districts and enables districts to send bulk emails to their schools.