2020-2021 PSAT/NMSQT Dates
- Primary test day: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- Saturday test day: October 17, 2020
- Alternate test day: Thursday, October 29, 2020 (formerly October 28)
- NEW test day: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Schools and districts can order tests on our test ordering site.
In order to support you in ordering and administering the SAT School Day and PSAT/NMSQT during this uncertain time, we enhanced the following policies to make ordering and testing more flexible:
- Ordering for Multiple PSAT/NMSQT Test Dates: You can test students across multiple PSAT/NMSQT administration dates. This flexibility already exists for the PSAT 8/9 and SAT School Day.
- Revised Alternate PSAT/NMSQT Date: We adjusted the PSAT/NMSQT administration date to a Thursday to provide new choices on different days of the week:
- If you previously placed an order for the original alternate date (Wednesday, October 28), your order will be automatically shifted to Thursday, October 29. You are required to administer the PSAT/NMSQT Alternate test on the revised date of October 29. Please log in to the test ordering site to cancel your order if you're unable to test on October 29 or add an additional test.
- No Charge for Unused Tests: Schools won't be charged test fees if they're unable to administer SAT School Day, PSAT 8/9, and PSAT/NMSQT for any administrations September 2020–January 2021. We understand the decision to test may not be made until closer to the administration dates. Please adjust your test book volumes the best you can by the ordering deadlines noted below.
New January 26, 2021 PSAT/NMSQT administration
- The January administration will have the same benefits as the October PSAT/NMSQT, including eligibility for programs administered by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- All flexible ordering and administering policies for fall testing are extended for the January test date: flexible start times, off-site testing, and testing students across multiple dates. Additionally, schools won't be charged unused test fees.
- We will send schools an email by mid-October when ordering for the January administration is open.
|PSAT/NMSQT Test Dates||Ordering Deadlines|
October 14 (Wed)
October 17 (Sat)
October 29 (Thurs) Revised
Aug 5: Deadline for schools outside the U.S. to decrease orders
January 26, 2021 (Tues)
Mid-October: Ordering opens for the January administration.
U.S. Schools Can Receive Materials Early
Save time and let students fill out their identifying information before test day—select the preadministration option on the ordering website by August 19 to receive answer sheets and coordinator manuals by September 16.
Check back soon for more dates and deadlines for the PSAT/NMSQT January administration.
- Deadline for schools outside the U.S. to decrease PSAT/NMSQT test book orders.
- Deadline for schools to order tests using the preadministration option. Participating schools receive answer sheets and coordinator manuals by September 16 (U.S. schools only).
- Deadline for schools to complete SSD testing accommodations requests.
By September 16
- Schools outside the U.S. testing on October 14 and October 17 begin to receive test materials by this date.
- Preadministration deliveries arrive no later than this date (U.S. schools only).
- Deadline for schools outside the U.S. to order or increase standard and accommodated PSAT/NMSQT test materials.
- Deadline for U.S. schools and districts to order, increase, or decrease PSAT/NMSQT test materials.
- Deadline for U.S. schools to order PSAT/NMSQT accommodated test materials.
By October 2
- Schools outside the U.S. testing on October 29 (formerly October 28) receive test materials by this date.
By October 7
- U.S. schools testing on October 14 and October 17 receive test materials.
- Primary PSAT/NMSQT test day.
- Deadline to return answer sheets from the October 14 test administration.
- Saturday PSAT/NMSQT test day.
- Deadline to return test books and answer sheets from the October 17 administration.
- U.S. schools testing on October 29 receive all test materials.
October 29 (formerly October 28)
- Alternate PSAT/NMSQT test day.
- Deadline to return answer sheets from the October 29 administration.
- October administration scores available to educators online.
- October administration student scores are released online. Score availability depends on the state from which students are accessing scores. View the schedule.
- With recent school closures due to covid-19, paper score reports will not be delivered to schools in mid-December. We’re monitoring closures and we'll contact you later this school year when we can securely deliver score reports. Counselors and educators can access student scores and educator reporting online in the K–12 Reporting Portal on November 30. Students may access their scores online in their College Board student account on December 7–8.
January 2021 PSAT/NMSQT
- Ordering will open for the January 26, 2021 PSAT/NMSQT.
December 4, 2020
- Deadline for schools (U.S. and outside of the U.S.) to order, reduce, and increase orders.
January 26, 2021
- January PSAT/NMSQT test day.
- January administration scores available for students (educator scores will be available 1 week prior to student scores).
Anticipated PSAT/NMSQT Dates
2021 PSAT/NMSQT Dates
|Primary Test Day||October 13, 2021|
|Saturday Test Day||October 16, 2021|
|Alternate Test Day||October 27, 2021|
|Note: All dates subject to change.|