- Sign in to your free College Board account. Your parent or counselor can’t register for you.
- Provide your full, legal name and other identifying information. Make sure it’s the exact same name and information shown on your photo ID.
- Decide if you want to answer other questions about yourself. This takes time, but it’s worth it if you want colleges and scholarship organizations to find you. Learn why you should opt in to Student Search Service®.
- Choose which Subject Tests you want to take. You can switch on test day, with limits.
- Upload a photo that meets very specific photo requirements.
- Check out, and print your Admission Ticket.
It’s a good idea to plan ahead — and get comfy — before you start to register.
You Might Also Need ...
- If you’re using a fee waiver, enter the identification number on your fee waiver card.
- If you’ve been approved by the College Board to test with accommodations, enter the SSD number on your eligibility letter.
- If you’re home-schooled, enter 970000 when asked for a high school code.
Get details about registration and test day policies and requirements, fees, and more in the SAT and SAT Subject Tests Student Registration Booklet (.pdf/979KB).