If you live more than 75 miles (120 kilometers) from the nearest test center, you can ask the SAT Program to open a test center closer to your home. The program will notify you if it is possible or not.
How to Request a Closer Testing Center
- Register for the SAT Subject Tests using the paper registration form
- Enter the number 02000 for test center on the Registration Form and leave the second choice blank
- Include a letter describing the situation with the completed Registration Form
- Mail your registration no later than the regular postmark deadline if testing in the U.S.
- Mail your registration for receipt by the early registration deadline if testing in an international location
- Requests must be made in writing, with a paper Registration Form.
- International testers can request closer test centers only for November through May test dates.
- Closer test requests are not an option for testers in India or Pakistan.
- Requests cannot be made for late registration.
Students will receive an Admission Ticket showing the test center assignment several weeks before the test.