If you live more than 75 miles (120 kilometers) from the nearest test center, you can ask the SAT Program to open a test center closer to your home. The program will notify you if it is possible or not. Currently, this service is not available for the August 2017 administration.
How to Request a Closer Testing Center
- Register for the SAT Subject Tests using the paper registration form
- Enter the number 02000 for test center on the Registration Form and leave the second choice blank
- Include a letter describing the situation with the completed Registration Form
- Mail your registration no later than the regular postmark deadline if testing in the U.S.
- Mail your registration for receipt by the early registration deadline if testing in an international location
- Requests must be made in writing, with a paper Registration Form.
- International testers can request closer test centers only for November through May test dates.
- Closer test requests are not an option for testers in India or Pakistan.
- Requests cannot be made for late registration.
Students will receive an Admission Ticket showing the test center assignment several weeks before the test.