If you’re taking a Language with Listening Subject Test, you must bring a CD player on test day. The listening section of the test is on CD.
CD Player Rules
- You may not share a CD player with another test-taker.
- If the volume on your CD player disturbs other test-takers, the test center supervisor may ask you to lower the volume or move to another seat.
- If your CD player malfunctions:
- Raise your hand and tell the test supervisor.
- Use backup equipment and continue to test. If you do not have any backup equipment, you may request that your score on the listening test be canceled. Scores for other SAT Subject Tests you take that day will not be canceled.
- If you are given a defective CD on test day, raise your hand and ask the supervisor for a replacement.
Acceptable CD Players
The CD player you bring to the test:
- Must be equipped with headphones
- Must be portable (handheld)
- Must be battery operated (power cords are not allowed)
- Cannot have recording or duplicating capabilities
CD Player Tips
- Make sure your CD player works well before test day.
- Install fresh batteries shortly before test day.
- Bring extra batteries and, if possible, a backup CD player.