SAT School Day
By offering the SAT to juniors or seniors in their home school during the school day, states and school districts encourage all students to pursue a college education. SAT School Day also means that more students can participate in College Board programs that support college access, including college application fee waivers and Student Search Service®.
The SAT is offered to students on a school day in both the fall and spring of the academic year, increasing the number of annual SAT administrations from seven to 10.
How SAT School Day Increases Access
- Weekday testing does not interfere with weekend work or family obligations.
- Students do not have to worry about transportation or trying to locate the testing site because they test in their own schools.
- Test-day stress is lower because students are in a familiar location with familiar staff.
Watch the SAT School Day Video
SAT School Day Fee Waivers
Students’ test fees are covered by their state or district, but if they’re eligible for an SAT fee waiver they can still take advantage of these benefits:
- Four additional score sends at any time during high school (fee-waiver code required)
- Four college application fee waivers
- Question-and-Answer Service (QAS) or Student Answer Service (SAS) ordered by calling customer service (fee-waiver code required)
- Coverage of the SAT Essay (for eligible students in schools that allow their students to pay for the essay on their own)
State and District Benefits
States and districts offering SAT School Day test their students in a closed environment and benefit from all SAT Suite of Assessment features, including:
- Dynamic reporting: The new interactive online reporting portal makes it easy to access and analyze score data across every assessment in the SAT Suite (SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9).
- Improved progress measurement: The SAT Suite provides consistent feedback across assessments.
- Free, personalized SAT practice at Khan Academy®: Students who take any test in the SAT Suite of Assessments receive personalized study resources based on their test results.
Establish a School Day Partnership
Since 2009, the College Board has partnered with states and districts to administer the SAT during the school day in fall and spring. During the 2015–16 school year, over 500,000 students will participate in the SAT through SAT School Day.
Contact your College Board regional office to find out if your institution meets the enrollment eligibility criteria for SAT School Day.