If you are offering SAT School Day as part of a state- or district-wide contract, your dates and deadlines may differ from those on this timeline. Contact your state or district assessment office with any questions about the timeline for your school’s SAT School Day administration.
Fall 2017 Administration
- October 11 (Wednesday): Primary test date
- October 25 (Wednesday): Makeup test date
Order Early and Save Time on Test Day
Ordering test materials early guarantees your school will be among the first to receive answer sheets, instructions, and student guides. The sooner you receive these preadministration materials, the more time you’ll have before test day for students to fill out their identifying information. Completing these preadministration activities early significantly reduces your overall testing time on test day.
Order by August 24 to receive our earliest shipment of student guides and preadministration materials. Learn more about the preadministration option.
Fall 2017 Timeline
- Request SAT School Day benefits for low-income students by this date to ensure all eligible students receive them. Requests to increase benefits after this date will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Deadline to submit testing accommodations requests for students with disabilities.
- Order tests by this date to receive preadministration materials and student guides by September 13.
- Deadline to reduce test-book orders.
- Order tests by this date to receive preadministration materials and student guides by September 27.
- Schools receive preadministration materials and student guides by this date if they ordered by August 24.
- Deadline to place orders for standard and nonstandard test books.
- Schools receive preadministration materials and student guides by this date if they ordered by September 7.
- Schools that ordered between September 8 and September 22 receive their preadministration materials.
- All schools receive test books during this time.
- SAT School Day primary test date
- Return all answer sheets and test books (used and unused) from the October 11 administration. (Some schools will be directed to return materials on a different timeline. Check your manual for those instructions.)
- Window to order test books for the makeup test date (12 a.m. ET on October 13).
- Schools receive makeup test books by this date.
- Makeup test date
- Most scores available. Some essay scores may be posted on a later date.