Scoring changes associated with the redesigned SAT and new data layouts will have an impact on financial aid policies and processes.
Your brochures, websites, and other communications that describe scholarships or provide application instructions may need to be updated if they discuss SAT scores. Consider information about external scholarships your students use and about your college’s scholarships.
System modifications may also be necessary:
- If your financial aid information system uses SAT scores, make sure they’re up to date. The College Board is working with a range of vendors to ensure they are ready for the changes.
- If your net price calculator includes questions about SAT scores, it should be updated to fully utilize scores on the redesigned SAT.
Collaboration with Colleagues
Work with colleagues in other offices to:
- Plan for the use of concordance tables in campus processes. Tables will be provided in May 2016.
- Plan research studies on the effective use of SAT scores in awarding scholarships. Determine which data you’ll need to retain to complete that research.
- Make sure financial aid and admission offices can upload scores in October 2015 when electronic score reports will be delivered using new data layouts.