The PSAT 8/9 is offered between September and April each year.
Sharpen Your Pencils and Your Skills
How to get ready for test day:
- Ask your school counselor when your class will take the PSAT 8/9.
- Get a list of what to bring on test day—and what to leave at home.
- If you need testing accommodations for students with disabilities, talk to your counselor.
- If you’re home-schooled or testing outside the U.S., find out what to do.
That's it—if you’re a student. If you’re an educator, learn about ordering tests, giving the test, and more. Go to K–12 Educators.
Who, Where, When
- Who: Eighth and ninth graders
- Where: At school
- When: Schools choose a date to offer the PSAT 8/9. Testing is available during:
- September 23, 2019–March 27, 2020*
- April 14-30, 2020
- *Orders can't be placed for these dates: January 27–February 21, 2020.
Taking the Digital PSAT 8/9?
During the 2019-20 school year, the test costs $12 for each student—but you might not pay that much. Some schools cover all or part of the cost for their students. For details, ask your counselor.