Get Ready for High School and Beyond with the PSAT 8/9
The PSAT 8/9 measures what you're learning in school and helps determine if you're on track for high school and beyond. It also helps you:
- Build Confidence: By taking the PSAT 8/9, you’re also practicing for the PSAT 10, PSAT/NMSQT, and the SAT—giving you the confidence of knowing what to expect.
- Choose High School Courses: Your score report will show you which subjects you're good at—and which ones you may need to focus on more. Plus, you'll see if you're ready for college-level AP courses in high school.
- Explore Your Future Career: Connect your PSAT 8/9 results to Career Finder, a tool that helps you discover careers based on your interests.
How to Prepare for the PSAT 8/9
The same habits and choices that lead to success in school will help you get ready for the PSAT 8/9 and other tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments. The best way to prepare is to:
- Take challenging courses
- Do your homework
- Prepare for tests and quizzes
- Ask and answer lots of questions
Take charge of your education and learn as much as you can.
See What It's Like
Find out what kinds of questions you’ll see on the PSAT 8/9 and what the test will measure.
Where do you want to start?