Results from the PSAT 8/9 are powerful tools for promoting college readiness and college planning, especially when explained to students and parents and shared with colleagues.
When and Where to Get Scores
Scores will be available depending on when schools return answer sheets.
Extra Score Reports and Labels
- You'll receive one free paper score report per student and can print score reports and labels through the score reporting portal.
- You can order an additional set of paper reports for $100 per administration. Printed score labels are also $100.
Best Practices for Sharing Results
Student Information Sessions
Without some context for understanding their reports, students who have College Board accounts may rush to look at their scores and stop there. We recommend setting up an information session for students that introduces the online score report and the free college and career planning tools they’ll find there.
Discuss the score report, its meaning, and its interpretation. To help students understand the information without the distraction of their own scores, we'll provide a sample score report.
Students with College Board accounts will have access to a robust online reporting portal that includes scores from all tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments.
Students can interact with their score report, filtering test questions by difficulty and skill and viewing complete answer explanations.
Since the College Board does not send score reports to parents, some schools copy paper score reports and mail them to parents, along with a letter of explanation. If they have questions about their child's test results, parents can bring their copy when they meet with an educator. The College Board will continue to provide materials that support communication with parents.
Helping your colleagues view, understand, and analyze test results is getting easier. There's no limit to the number of users at your school, district, or state who can access the integrated online reporting portal.
You and your colleagues can further help students by:
- Reviewing detailed reports in the integrated reporting portal to identify students' strengths in each content area.
- Distributing paper score reports to help students get more insight.
- Showing students how they can use results to get free, personalized SAT practice on Khan Academy®.
- Using AP Potential™ to identify students who are likely to succeed in AP.
More on Scores
Learn more about scores and score reports for the PSAT 8/9.