Results from the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 are powerful tools for promoting college readiness and college planning, especially when explained to students and parents and shared with colleagues.
When and Where to Get Scores
You'll be notified when your students' scores are available.
- Get all the resources from Score Week for Counselors.
- Download Understanding PSAT/NMSQT Scores (.pdf/1.47 MB) or Understanding PSAT 10 Scores (.pdf/1.16 MB) for percentile tables, means, and scoring details.
New Test Policies
Best Practices for Sharing Results
Student Information Sessions
Without some context for understanding their reports, students may rush to look at their scores and stop there. We recommend setting up an information session for students that introduces the online score report and the free college and career planning tools they’ll find there.
Since students will have access to their online score reports very soon after you do, consider hosting your information session before scores are released.
Discuss the score report, its meaning, and its interpretation. To help students understand the information without the distraction of their own scores, we'll provide a demo of the online experience.
Students will have access to a robust online reporting portal that includes scores from all tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments.
If parents have questions about their child's test results, they can bring their copy when they meet with an educator. College Board will continue to provide materials that support communication with parents.
Helping your colleagues view, understand, and analyze test results is getting easier. There’s no limit to the number of users at your school, district, or state who can access the integrated online reporting portal.
You and your colleagues can further help students by:
- Reviewing detailed reports in the integrated reporting portal to identify students’ strengths in each content area.
- Distributing paper score reports to help students get more insight.
- Showing students how they can use results to get free, personalized SAT practice on Khan Academy®.
- Directing students with questions about the National Merit Scholarship Program to visit the National Merit Scholarship Corporation site.
- Using AP Potential™ to identify students likely to succeed in AP.
More on Scores
Learn more about score reports for the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10.