International Students

beginning of content:

You don’t have to be a U.S. citizen or living in the United States to take the PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10.

How to Get Started

Find and contact a local school that’s giving the test you want to take. Go to School Search.

An English-speaking educator can help you sign up and pay for the test. The school will also give you the Official Student Guide, which includes a free practice test.

Start Early

Contact the school early. Our advice: Reach out at least four months before the test.

What to Bring on Test Day

  • Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
  • An approved calculator
  • Email address (optional)
  • Current and valid school- or government-issued photo ID (for students not testing at their own school and home-schooled students only)

If you’re a U.S. student living out of the country temporarily, you’ll also need:

  • Your U.S. school’s code
  • Your U.S. school’s name and address
  • Name and address of the school where you’re taking the test

Scores will be mailed to your U.S. high school. Ask your principal or counselor to forward the report if you’ll still be out of the country.

What to Leave at Home on Test Day

Find out what not to bring.