Before canceling a registration and requesting a refund, make sure you want to cancel. Weigh your priorities and options—you can delay your SAT Subject Tests date instead if you’re not ready.
Remember, too, that on test day you can change your mind about which Subject Test to take, with some limits. Learn more.
If you need to reschedule for any reason, transferring your test to a future date will save you money. The fee to change the test date is less than the cost of registering twice.
Before canceling, please know:
- Registrations cannot be refunded later than five days before test day.
- Canceled registrations are partially refunded—you'll get $10 back if you cancel five days before test day.
- Refunds are processed beginning six weeks after the test date.
- Score reports you ordered with registration are refundable only if you are absent on test day.
- Additional score reports may be refunded if orders are cancelled within 24 hours and have not been processed or sent.
- Rush score reports cannot be refunded.
- If you truly do not want to transfer your SAT Subject Tests registration, you can contact Customer Service to request a cancellation.
Important: If you cancel your registration and later decide you would like to take the test on that date, you’ll need to register again. Don't attempt to test using your original registration; if you do, those scores will not be reported.