Waitlist registration is no longer available for the August 29, September 26, and October 3 SAT test dates.
Missed the registration deadline? You can still take the SAT Subject Tests.
Although standby test-taking is not allowed, some students can request waitlist status. The criteria: if you missed the last registration deadline, or if your paper registration was returned unprocessed and you didn’t have enough time to resubmit it.
Waitlist status may be available beginning from the last registration deadline up until five days before test day, but you should know that getting waitlisted doesn’t guarantee you’ll be able to take the test: Waitlisted students are seated after all regularly registered test-takers have been admitted and if sufficient test materials, staff, and seating are available.
Some additional considerations:
- You cannot register for the tests, on test day at the test center.
- If weather or some other unexpected condition closes your test center, your waitlist request will be canceled and you will be notified. You may be able to submit a new waitlist request for another center if there is time.
- Waitlists are not available for scheduled makeup test administrations.
How to Request Waitlist Status
- Waitlist requests can only be made through your online College Board account.
- Deadline alert: Your request can be made between the last registration day up to five days before test day.
- You can choose only one test center and one test type (SAT or SAT Subject Tests) on any particular test administration date.
Waitlist Fees and Requirements
- All normal registration requirements apply.
- You must be able to print your waitlist ticket; it cannot be mailed to you.
- Waitlisted students are admitted to the test center on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Admitted waitlist students will be charged any applicable registration fees, including waitlist fees.
- You cannot make any changes to your waitlist request on test day. If you are admitted to the test center, you must test exactly as specified on your waitlist ticket.
- Fee waivers cannot be used.
- Waitlist status is not an option for Language with Listening Tests.
- First-time Sunday testers cannot request waitlist status. If you have tested previously on a Sunday, you may request Sunday waitlist status.
- Waitlist status is not available in Ghana, Hong Kong, Korea, Macau, Nigeria, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Test-takers 21 or older are not waitlist eligible.
Testing with Accommodations
If you are approved to test with accommodations you may be able to take the tests on a waitlist basis at the center. However, specialized test formats and equipment will not be available in most cases.
Test Day Requirements and Rules
- The test center coordinator decides who is admitted to the test center on test day. Those decisions are final.
- You must present an acceptable photo ID from the country in which you're testing. Foreign passports, foreign national IDs, or IDs from foreign schools will not be accepted.
- You must bring your printed waitlist ticket and any extra documentation for your testing situation (for example, your Eligibility Approval Letter).