If you feel that you didn't do your best on your SAT Subject Tests and want to cancel your scores, you have a few days to do so.
- You must cancel no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the Thursday after the test date.
- Your scores for all Subject Tests taken on that date are canceled — unless the cancellation is caused by equipment failure during a test.
- Canceled scores are not reported to you or any institutions.
- Once a request to cancel scores has been submitted, scores cannot be reinstated.
Canceling Scores at the Test Center
Because You Want To
If you start taking a test and decide you’re not ready for it, you can cancel the scores before you leave the test center. Don’t try to erase all answers to a test — they might get scanned and recorded anyway. Instead, do this:
- Ask the test supervisor for a Request to Cancel Test Scores Form.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Return the form to the test supervisor before you leave the test center.
Because Your Equipment Failed
If your calculator fails during a Mathematics Level 1 or Mathematics Level 2 test, or your CD player fails during a Language Test with Listening, you can cancel just the scores on the affected test, and still have the other Subject Tests scored. Here’s how:
- Report the equipment failure during the test.
- Fill out and sign a Request to Cancel Test Scores form, checking off "Single Subject Test (Equipment Failure)."
- Return the completed form to the test supervisor before leaving.
Canceling Scores After You Leave the Test Center
If you decide to cancel your scores after you leave the test center, we must receive your written request no later than 11:59 p.m. ET on the Thursday after test day.
- You cannot submit cancellation requests by phone or email, because your signature is required.
- Students with disabilities who test in school-based testing have until the Monday one week after the published test date to cancel their scores, due to the extended school-testing window.
Download and Print the Form
You can either complete the SAT Request to Cancel Scores form or write your request. The updated form will be available later this summer.
You must provide the following information to cancel your scores:
- Test date
- Test center number
- Name of test you are canceling — either the SAT or SAT Subject Test(s)
- Name, address, sex, birth date, and registration number
- Signature (required or the cancellation will not be processed)
Fax or Overnight the Form
Send your request one of these three ways:
Fax to 610-290-8978
Overnight delivery via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail (U.S. only)
SAT Score Cancellation
P.O. Box 6228
Princeton, NJ 08541-6228
Other overnight mail service or courier (U.S. or international)
SAT Score Cancellation
1425 Lower Ferry Road
Ewing, NJ 08618
The mailing or fax label should read "Attention: SAT Score Cancellation."