Most colleges require applicants to send them official score reports directly from the College Board—they do not accept copies of online score reports or score report labels on transcripts. You can ask us to send score reports to colleges before or after you get scores.
Have an SAT Fee Waiver?
If so, you can send as many score reports as you want—for free. Learn more about fee waivers.
Before Scores Are Released
You can send four free score reports to colleges every time you register for SAT Subject Tests. This is the fastest way to send scores to colleges and scholarship programs—and there's no fee. You can use your free score reports up to 11:59 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time, nine days after the test.
If you're eligible for an SAT fee waiver, you can send as many score reports as you want for free.
After Scores Are Released
If you're sending scores after you get them, there's a fee. But if you're using a fee waiver, your score reports are still free after you get your scores.
Sending Your Scores
- Online: Sign in to your College Board account
- By mail: Complete and mail the Additional Score Report Order Form (.pdf/1.27MB)
- By phone: Call Customer Service at 866-756-7346 (toll free) or 212-713-7789 (international)
Have a Coalition Account?
If so, you can now send SAT and SAT Subject Test scores at the same time you’re sending college applications. Log in to your Coalition account, link your College Board account, and send scores to schools on your college list.
Score Delivery Timeline
The timeframe for score delivery depends on the way a college chooses to receive scores. Once colleges receive your scores, processing could take a week.
You should check with specific colleges for their deadlines.
Score Sending Options
- Use Score Choice™ to choose which scores you send to colleges.
- If you're sending scores before you get them, you can sign in to switch score recipients if you change your mind about where to send score reports. You have until 11:59 p.m., U.S. Eastern Time, nine days after test day. You can't cancel score report orders.
- If you're sending scores by mail, please note that shipping estimates don’t include transit time through the postal system.