SAT School Day allows you to offer the SAT to juniors and seniors in school, on a school day. This program helps you provide all your students with the opportunity to show colleges they’re ready.
Watch the SAT School Day Video
Benefits to Students
SAT School Day helps students get on the path to college.
- Testing on a school day doesn’t interfere with weekend work or family obligations.
- More students are able to show up and take the SAT when it’s offered in their school.
- Stress is lower because students test in a familiar location with staff they know.
- Students who have been struggling academically are provided with another opportunity to demonstrate their college readiness to universities.
- Students who take the SAT can use College Board programs that support college access, including college application fee waivers and four free score sends.
- Students can access Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® and career planning resources at Roadtrip Nation.
SAT School Day Benefits for Low-Income Students
In addition to the benefits all students get, low-income students are eligible to receive:
- Four additional free score sends
- Four college application fee waivers
- Free Student Answer Service or Question-and-Answer Service
Students are considered low-income and eligible for additional SAT School Day benefits if:
- They’re enrolled in or eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Their annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- They’re enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., Federal TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Their family receives public assistance.
- They live in federally subsidized public housing or a foster home, or are homeless.
- They are a ward of the state or an orphan.
Benefits to Educators
Schools participating in SAT School Day get all the benefits of the SAT Suite of Assessments:
- Dynamic reporting: Our interactive online reporting portal makes it easy to access and analyze score data across every assessment in the suite (SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and PSAT 8/9).
- Actionable progress measurement: Tracking performance across tests allows teachers to identify areas where students need help.
- Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy®: Students receive personalized study resources based on their test results—completely free of charge.
Establish a School Day Partnership
During the 2016-17 school year, over 800,000 students took the SAT through an SAT School Day state or district contract.
We offer flexible SAT School Day contract options to meet your institution’s needs:
- SAT with Essay (all students will take the essay)
- SAT with no Essay (all students will not take the essay)
- Optional SAT Essay (students may or may not take the essay)
Contact your College Board regional office for more details about SAT School Day contracts.