If you live more than 75 miles (120 kilometers) from the nearest test center, you can ask the SAT Program to open a test center closer to your home. The program will let you know whether it’s possible.
How to Request a Closer Testing Center
- Register for the SAT by mail, using the paper registration form.
- Enter the number 02000 for test center on the registration form and leave the second choice blank.
- Include a letter describing the situation with the completed registration form.
- Mail your registration no later than the regular postmark deadline if testing in the U.S.
- Mail your registration for receipt by the early registration deadline if testing in an international location.
- Requests must be made in writing, with a paper registration form
- International test-takers can request closer test centers for the November through May test dates only
- Requesting a closer test center is not an option for test-takers in India or Pakistan
- Requests cannot be made for late registration
Students will receive an Admission Ticket showing the test center assignment several weeks before test day.