The College Board has partnered with multiple Talent Search programs to offer weekend PSAT 8/9 administrations to gifted and talented students in grades 3–6. Students can register through Talent Search programs from September 2018–January 2019.
Upcoming dates for Talent Search administrations are:
- Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Sunday, February 10, 2019
Weather Information for Testing Sites
If you expect bad weather in your area on test day, immediately call 844-806-7817 to confirm whether your testing site will be closed. If you're closed, we'll let students know their makeup test date.
If any of the above administrations are canceled, makeup dates will be available on a case-by-case basis:
- Saturday, February 23, 2019
- Sunday, February 24, 2019
If there's bad weather during your student's testing weekend, contact your testing site or call Customer Service at 844-806-7817 before test time.
How to Register
- Parents can learn about eligibility requirements and register students through one of the Talent Search programs listed below.
- Only parents or legal guardians can register students under 13 years old.
- Once students are registered, we’ll send a confirmation email to the provided contact address. The subject will read: "Your Child Is Registered for the PSAT 8/9," and the admission ticket for your session will be attached.
- We'll also send these emails to your Talent Search program for easier tracking.
- Your admission ticket email will be sent from email@example.com.
- The registration deadline for January 19 testing is December 10, 2018.
- The registration deadline for February 9 and 10 testing is January 7.
Talent Search Programs
- Center for Talented Youth (Johns Hopkins University)
- Duke Talent Identification Program (Duke University)
- Center for Bright Kids (Regional Talent Development Center)
- Midwest Academic Talent Search (Northwestern University)
Scores for Talent Search Participants
All scores will be sent to the applicable Talent Search organization. Parents and students will receive a paper score report by mail. Most paper scores should be received by late April 2019.
Internet privacy laws restrict students under 13 from creating College Board accounts. This means score reporting for Talent Search students will not be available via our online score reporting portal or integrated with Khan Academy®.
For more information about your Talent Search program’s requirements and score policies, contact them directly.
For questions or changes regarding your PSAT 8/9 registration, call 844-806-7817.